Salto allows you to get notifications on changes to specific elements in your configuration e.g. privacy, integrations, scripts etc. Making sure you won’t have production incidents in the sensitive and less transparent areas of your business applications configuration data.
- First, make sure that you already created an environment and fetched its configuration data
- Then, in the left panel, select the Environment you want to monitor and from the ‘MONITORING’ tab, click on ‘Create Notification’.
- Select the elements you want to track, it is advised not to select too many elements, or you might get too many notifications.
- Choose whether to get notified via Slack or Email, or both (you can have multiple notification channels).
Please make sure to ‘Connect Slack’, in order to receive notifications at a specific Slack channel.
Upon the completion of a successful Fetch (scheduled or manual), we’ll check whether the elements you monitor were changed, and notify you accordingly, with the change details.
We recommend setting the environment fetch frequency to daily or hourly, to monitor changes as they occur.
In the Free edition we support only the Weekly option
Sometimes, you would like to monitor only elements that are referenced by other elements, e.g. a field that is being used in a report or script.
To do that, click on the filter ‘Referenced by elements’.
You can monitor ‘ANY CHANGE’ to a specific element, or only ‘Additions’, ‘Deletions’, ‘Modifications’. For instance, if you select ‘Additions’ - only new fields and instances to the selected element will trigger a notification.
If you can't select the elements that you want to monitor using the checkboxes tree, you can use our query language.
When using a query, all the elements that match its pattern are selected, in runtime.
Select existing and future elements, by replacing any character or characters of their name or id (path), with '*', as shown in the example below:
Use the right pane to see the current results of the query.
Use the left pane to add elements to the query, by clicking on them.
Once ready, click 'SHIFT' + 'ENTER', to save it.
- Keep track of sensitive Salesforce elements and get notified when unauthorized users or groups are changing them, such as:
- Approval Rules
- Sharing Rules
- Custom Permission Sets
- Permission Set Assignments
- Know about changes that impact your integrations, to avoid incidents in the less transparent areas of your configuration, for example:
- Notify your BI team on Salesforce or NetSuite, about changes that will impact their BI reports.
- Monitor key Custom Fields that are integrated in important reports and dashboards
- Track Script and Workflow changes, specifically changes to your NetSuite external Bundles, in case those are frequently changed by users with Admin permission
- Get notified on changes done by your contractors
- Monitor Salesforce Custom Fields that are being changed frequently and manually
- Avoid incidents that involve customers, by tracking Salesforce Account Object, its Workflow Rules, Process Builders, and Fields
- Know about Automation changes, by tracking Validation Rules, Apex Classes, Triggers, and Flows
- Monitor heavily tested elements, so that you can make sure the required tests are planned and the change is properly validated
Currently, only email and Slack notifications are supported. As for MS Teams notifications, you can quickly generate ones from Salto's emails notifications. To do so, set-up email notifications in Salto per the above instructions and then integrate your email client with your MS Team application via an integration tool, e.g., Zapier, MS Power Automate or automate.io.
Updated 3 months ago