In the part you will make a small change in the service you connected, then fetch it into Salto. This is a key flow of using Salto day-to-day, so expect to be repeating this one often!
- Go to the admin UI of the service you connected to Salto earlier (e.g. to Salesforce's Setup screen, or to NetSuite's Setup Manager)
- Make a simple change, e.g. create a new custom field, or edit the description of an existing field
- Come back to your workspace and click Fetch
- Wait for fetch to complete, as it might take a few minutes
- See the Env Fetch preview, where you can see the changes before they are applied to your workspace
- The editor's left panel shows the list of files that will be changed if you apply these changes. Try both Path and Tree views
- Click Cancel and nothing in your workspace will change
- Click Apply to apply these changes to your workspace
- Click Apply, then Done
You've fetched your first change!
Noticed how readable the fetch preview was?
- Click Push in the operations panel
- In the Git Push preview click through the files that changed to explore the differences about to be pushed to Git
- Add a message title and body relevant to what's changed
- Curious how to write great commit message? read more here
- Click Push
- Click Done
- You can also click View on GitHub to see the change in your repository
You've pushed your first change to Git!
You're almost done. The next step is especially exciting - changing NaCls and deploying.
Updated 6 months ago
|Deploying a NaCl change|