Account-specific values refer to information defined in a NetSuite account, such as internal IDs, record instances, sensitive data, and personal data entry. Dependencies on this type of value can be problematic in applications or customizations that are developed outside a NetSuite account. By default, SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) prevents deployment of any SDF project that contains account-specific values.
Salto identifies account specific values within configuration elements and represents them as ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE values within the corresponding NaCl code.
Netsuite prevents deploying Workflows containing an Action to send email to or from an ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE. To overcome this, you should edit the value before the deployment, either by editing the relevant Salto NaCl or by editing the Action within the NetSuite UI.
You can edit the Workflow’s NaCl either directly from a Workspace or from the deployment flow (see below), by selecting the Workflow element on the changes tree on the left side and then clicking ‘Edit'.
In case the Workflow contains a 'sendertype' field with a 'SPECIFIC' value and a 'sender' field with an ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE:
- Set the 'sendertype' field value to 'FIELD'
- Above the ‘sendertype’ field, add the following line: senderfield = ”STDUSERUSER”
- Delete the following line: sender = "[ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE]"
In case the Workflow contains a ‘recipienttype’ field with a 'SPECIFIC' value and a 'recipient' field with an ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE:
- Set the ‘recipienttype’ field value to ‘FIELD’
- Above the ‘‘recipienttype’ field, add the following line: recipientfield = “STDUSERUSER”
- Delete the following line: recipient = "[ACCOUNT_SPECIFIC_VALUE]"
After the deployment is done, set your desired values within the NetSuite UI in the target account and then fetch it.
- Go to Customization -> Workflow -> Workflows.
- Select the relevant Workflow.
- Click ‘Edit’.
- Double click on relevant state.
- Click on 'sendemail'.
- Change specific sender/recipient to ‘FROM FIELD’.
- Set FIELD to ‘USER’
- You can now fetch this account to your Salto environment. Once fetch is complete, you can deploy this environment to the target environment.
Note: Don't forget to adjust these states to the desired values on both the source and target environment once the deployment is done.
Updated about 1 month ago