What's an environment?
A Salto environment (env for short) is a set of service connections (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite). Each service connection links to a specific account or instance of that service (e.g. a specific sandbox account). Salto operations, like fetch or deploy, always run in the context of an env.
Learn more about envs here.
- Go to your org settings by clicking the icon at the bottom-left corner of the Salto app, where you should land on the Environments tab, with the main button saying Create a new environment - click the button
- Name your env, e.g. Dev if you're about to connect your personal sandbox, and click Next
- Next click Add Service and a dialog will open to help you connect your first service:
- Choose the service to connect, e.g. Salesforce
- Choose the credentials protocol. Per-member Login is recommended
- Next you'll get a credentials dialog specific to your chosen service
- You'll need to provide sensitive login information. Salto has invested from day one in a dedicated secure storage solution for your secrets. Read more on our FAQ page.
- Once you click Add Service Salto will authenticate your credentials. You'll be able to proceed if the credentials were valid, otherwise you'll need to try again
- You should be back on the Add Services screen, with one service already added
- Click Create to complete creating this env. Additional services can be added later
You've configured your first env
You are now ready to link your env to your workspace.
Updated 3 months ago
|Linking an env to your workspace|