What's an environment?
A Salto environment (env for short) is a set of service connections (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite). Each service connection links to a specific account or instance of that service (e.g. a specific sandbox account). Salto operations, like fetch or deploy, always run in the context of an env.
Learn more about envs here.
- Go to your org settings by clicking the icon at the bottom-left corner of the Salto app, where you should land on the Environments tab, with the main button saying Create a new environment - click the button
- Name your env, e.g. Dev if you're about to connect your personal sandbox, and click Next
- Next click Add Service and a dialog will open to help you connect your first service:
- Choose the service to connect, e.g. Salesforce
- Choose the credentials protocol. Per-member Login is recommended
- Next you'll get a credentials dialog specific to your chosen service
- You'll need to provide sensitive login information. Salto has invested from day one in a dedicated secure storage solution for your secrets. Read more on our FAQ page.
- Once you click Add Service Salto will authenticate your credentials. You'll be able to proceed if the credentials were valid, otherwise you'll need to try again
- You should be back on the Add Services screen, with one service already added
- Click Create to complete creating this env. Additional services can be added later
You've configured your first env
You are now ready to link your env to your workspace.
Updated 28 days ago
|Linking an env to your workspace|